Sunday, December 30, 2012

Star Traveler - Special Delivery: Recovery



     I stood outside the shower in my cabin and looked at myself in the mirror. I look a damn sight better than I did two weeks ago when I first came back on board. The meditation, vigorous exercise and limited drugs have done their work. I have some color in my cheeks and when I stepped on the scale and found myself two pounds lighter, there was a smile on my face. I have confidence I am going to get through this. There hasn’t been a nightmare in sight since starting Dr. Morie’s regiment. I think the Doc knows what he’s doing.
     I’m going to get a new haircut when we reach the artist colony. Maybe a new black spacer suit to go with the cool leather boots with all the buckles my crew gave me for Christmas. Nothing makes a girl feel better than some new duds. Forget ‘you are what you eat.” ‘You are what you wear!” Clothes do make the woman in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a heads-up on my latest book releases, sales, and freebies, make sure to sign up for my newsletter! And you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of junk - I only send it out when I really have something you might want to hear about.

* indicates required
Close