Sunday, December 23, 2012

Star Traveler - Special Delivery: Just two little pills



I stood holding the two pills in my hand, a glass of water in the other.
“Go ahead and take them,” Ma-rye-a coached. “We’ll watch over things while you sleep.”
I only hesitate an instant. I down them before I change my mind. It has been ages since I had a good night’s sleep, free of nightmares.
Ma-rye-a turned on Dr. Morie’s meditation/relaxation recording. He was giving instructions to lie down and relax. His voice was soothing as he started at the top of my head and worked his way down describing the act of releasing tension one body part at a time.
“Breath in cool, calm air… Breath out warm, tension filled air.”
The sound of ocean waves as the undercurrent to his soft voice eased me slowly and gently to sleep. It would be the first time in over three months I slept without waking up in a cold sweat. Bless you Daniel. Good and honest friends are hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a heads-up on my latest book releases, sales, and freebies, make sure to sign up for my newsletter! And you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of junk - I only send it out when I really have something you might want to hear about.

* indicates required
Close