Sunday, January 8, 2012

Star Traveler Update - In what universe is that right?


“3su,” Ma-rye-a called. “I am picking up a large transport ship on the other side of the planet.”

“I’ll be right there,” I answered as I hurried toward the bridge. I literally skidded to a spot in front of the bridge console.

“I don’t see anything,” I said as I scanned the readouts.

“They are making a point of keeping the planet between us and them. I just caught a glimpse a moment ago,” Ma-rye-a said. “I am sure it was a mistake on their part that I got that much.”

“Did you get any ID on it?”

“It’s a Class 8 Battle Cruiser,” Ma-rye-a said. “She won’t talk to me, but I got a scan off and she’s fully loaded.”

“And from Attalla’s planet,” I guessed.

“Correct,” Ma-rye-a confirmed.

“I am liking this less and less,” Sam piped in.

“Me too,” I agreed.

“Ma-rye-a, can you scan the planet and locate Attalla Six?” I asked.

“I have been tracking him since he left the bay. He did not go to any of the iisadsu communities. He seems to be flying in a mid-atmosphere, circular pattern around the equator of the planet.”

“What is he up to?” I asked.

“He’s disbursing the chemical,” Sam said confidently. “That ship hiding on the other side of the planet is a cleanup crew.”

Sam is programmed to think that way, but I couldn’t believe that. Would a race as advanced as Attalla’s kill off a whole other species? In what universe is that right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a heads-up on my latest book releases, sales, and freebies, make sure to sign up for my newsletter! And you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of junk - I only send it out when I really have something you might want to hear about.

* indicates required
Close