Saturday, November 5, 2011

Star Traveler Update - By all that is Holy, NO!

“NO!” Attalla shouted as he came bolt upright out of his chair like he had been hit by a malfit prod. “Oh, No,” he ranted as he started to paced the galley floor.

I couldn’t imagine what was going on. Just a moment ago he was sitting with his head in his hands trying to keep it from falling off from the headache he had after being accidentally tranked last night. Now he seemed to be raving against some inner demon. Was he having an allergic reaction to the bran muffin?

“Attalla,” I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder to stop his pacing, “What is it?” I soothed.

He shook off my hand and continued to pace.

“By all that is holy, No! no, no, no..”

He collapsed back into his chair in tears. “Please, stop…”

He was weeping uncontrollably.

I squatted down in front of him and took his head in my hands. I lifted his face up toward me and wiped the hair from his face. His duel colored eyes contained such pain.

“What is it, Attalla? Tell me.”

Chee, who had coward fearfully in her pouch as her master ranted and raved now came out and gently wrapped her tiny body over his shoulder and around his neck in an effort to comfort him.

“It’s the iisadsu. They just killed an oacoco fishing party. Ea’k, my contact, was among them.”

I wiped the tears off his cheek with my thumb. “You’re telepathic,” I said matter-of-factly.

He nodded. “I don’t really need the translator,” he confessed.

“Your abilities must be very strong to sense something on the planet’s surface from here,” I said in admiration.

“I have to be close to the person to get this kind of range,” he said and then let out an exhausted sigh.

He must have known Ea’k for years. He must have been a close friend. And, he had just felt him die.

“I’m sorry.” It was such a small thing to say compared to what he had just gone through, but it was what came out.

Attalla stood up and straightened his vest. “I need to go to my cabin and see if I can link up with someone from the oacoco council. Ea’k has a son. If he was not killed, perhaps I can contact him.”

“Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.” I squeezed his arm.

“Don’t be angry with me,” Attalla said.

“Why would I be angry?” I asked in true confusion.

“I kept my powers from you. I wanted our relationship to be as normal as possible. I can’t help what I am. I try to stay out of the heads of the people I am around as much as possible, but it isn’t easy. That’s why sex is so stimulating for our race, we not only have our own feelings, but we can hear how excited our partner is and it whips us into a frenzy,” he explained.

“You’re welcome in my head anytime, but I warn you, you might be very shocked by what you find there,” I said. I hadn’t been around many telepaths, but I had heard that some could read your entire mind, but some could only hear what you thought about. If he was reading my mind during my nightmares he had certainly covered that ability when he asked what upset me.

“I haven’t gotten close enough to you to know your secrets, 3su,” he said as he looked down into my eyes. “I will do my best to wait for you to tell me those.” He gave me a quick hug and a dimpled smile. He scooped Chee’s pouch off the table, hung it on his belt and dropped her gently into it. “I have to go.” He leaned down and kissed me. “We’ll talk more later.”

I ran my hand through the hair on his chest, “Go do your ambassador thing and let me know if I can help.”

He kissed me again, this time with a lot more passion. I felt it to my toes. I was going to have to find a way to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a heads-up on my latest book releases, sales, and freebies, make sure to sign up for my newsletter! And you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of junk - I only send it out when I really have something you might want to hear about.

* indicates required
Close