Saturday, October 22, 2011

Star Traveler Update - Bliss

Attalla took Chee out of her pouch and placed her in her basket on the dresser in his room.

He took my hand and pulled me down beside him on his bed.

How had we ended up here? My mind was a fog. After he calmed me down aboard the pod he took over the controls and maneuvered us through the flying beasts of my nightmare back to the safety of Ma-rye-a.

When we landed in the pod bay he took my hand and led me here. I’m not one to sleep around. I talk big, but really it’s all show for the guys. I am a novice compared to most of the females in my line of work. Maybe I’m choosey. Maybe I’m shy. Maybe I just haven’t been asked as much as the next gal. I don’t know. What I do know is I definitely am inexperienced. I don’t know what’s expected and I ‘totally’ don’t know how to get from Point A to Point B without a guide.

Attalla was kissing my neck and nibbling my earlobe. Nice, very nice. It wasn’t too long before buckles started to be undone and zippers began to slide. I thought I was holding up my end pretty well. My hand was buried in his chest hair when he pulled back and out of my grasp.

“I need to get something,” he said as he slid off the bed.

He went to the dresser drawers and removed a silver box. He returned to the bed and opened it for me to see. Inside the velvet lined box was a black blindfold and an ornate silver cuff with a chain attached to it. On the opposite end of the chain from the cuff was a heavy clasp. I could possibly be teased and coaxed into the blindfold, but there was no way I was letting anyone cuff me.

Attalla must have seen the doubt in my eyes because he immediately said, “not for you, for me,” he explained. “My species can get a bit rough when aroused.” He leaned over me to reach the head of the bed and clipped the clasp at the end of the chain to it. Then he installed the cuff around his own left wrist.

“One handed and blindfolded will slow me down enough you can get away if I get lost in the moment.” He gave me one of those dimpled grins of his and started to put on the blindfold.

I caught at his hand and took it away. “I love your eyes. I don’t want them covered.”

“It’s not safe,” he warned. “My species is very visual. It won’t be possible for me to stay in control.”

“Ah, but I have my own failsafe,” I announced. “When I built this room I took into consideration that I might get into something I couldn’t handle in a passenger. Of course, at the time I was thinking in terms of undetected felons or murderers. The room is equipped with four trank guns.” I pointed to the corners of the room. “Sam has them loaded and trained on the occupant at all times. It is part of his security sub-routine.”

“Sam?” Attalla called.

“Yes, Attalla,” Sam responded.

“Are you monitoring this room?”

“At all times,” Sam confirmed.

“Great,” Attalla said in an exasperated tone. He flopped down on his back. “That’s one way to kill the mood – an audience.”

I gently ran my hand through the hair on his chest. It was like petting a cat. “Sam doesn’t watch. We have a code if I feel I need assistance,” I explained as I leaned over him and nipped at his chin. I think I was getting the hang of this.

He reached up and pulled me down into a hug. He rolled me in his arms until I was on the bottom and he was straddling me from above. He leaned down and took my lips in a warm, sensual kiss. I could feel my toes curl.

“What is your secret signal? If Sam’s not watching then he’s listening. What if I stop your call with a kiss,” he asked when he came up for air.

“It’s not a word. It’s more like a series of sounds,” I explained.

Attalla picked up my hand off his chest and nibbled at my fingers. I melted. His tongue teased between the fingers. I shivered. He sucked. The breath caught in my throat. I coughed. He bit. I squealed.

The next thing I knew Attalla was dead weight on top of me with a trank dart in his shoulder.

“Are you all right,” Sam asked in a concerned tone.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just fine,” I said in disappointment.

I rolled Attalla off of me, got up and covered his now tranquilized, sleeping form up with a blanket.

“Sam?”

“Yes.”

“We’re going to have to work on the signal recognition part of your room security program.”

“As you wish, Cap.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a heads-up on my latest book releases, sales, and freebies, make sure to sign up for my newsletter! And you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of junk - I only send it out when I really have something you might want to hear about.

* indicates required
Close