Sunday, April 24, 2011

Star Traveler Update - Help's on the Way

“Please Tim, I need your help.” I was almost in tears. “You can see the spot I’m in. I don’t know who else to ask that I can trust.” I contacted Timothy O’Malley because I knew he was used to working under the radar as a mercenary. He had been in the business for years and had far more connections than the Crystaline Nebula had stars. “Frankly, I don’t even know where to start. Kidnapping is out of my league. I’m a transporter.” I was so frustrated. Why hadn’t Daniel picked better backup than me?

“I can see your problem, 3su. Luckily, I am not far away. I can be there in a couple of days. Hopefully, the trail won’t be too cold by then.”

“I don’t know how I’ll pay you, Tim, but I will,” I promised. “I can’t thank you enough.”

“Let’s not worry about that right now. We have to find the little geek. I don’t find him, I don’t charge. I can always pick up a job in that part of the galaxy to make the trip worth while.”

“Well, let’s hope we find him cause I can’t find another programer as good as him.” I sighed. “And, he is one of my best friends. He buys me chocolates,” I confessed.

“Well that’s enough to make him worth the search,” Tim smiled into the monitor. “You don’t want to mess with a lady's chocolate supplier.” He winked. “See you as fast as this old bucket of mine can get me there.”

I kissed my hand and touched his cheek on the monitor. “Thanks, Tim.”

“You’re entirely welcome.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a heads-up on my latest book releases, sales, and freebies, make sure to sign up for my newsletter! And you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of junk - I only send it out when I really have something you might want to hear about.

* indicates required
Close